Sunday, January 29, 2023

As January ends

 Hello and thank you for popping in. Writing this on my iPhone so I apologise.

Friends are wonderful people so thank you all for being here. 

Lots of happy beginnings and sad endings have happened since my last post.  A lady very dear to me - although I’ve never met her face to face -  lost her beloved Dad at the beginning of this year .  My crafting buddies will know her she is Barbara Grey of Claritystamp “fame” her blog which she writes everyday is really inspiring and I’m hoping to follow in her blog steps. She is one of the most talented people and is so kind and generous.  She donated a substantial amount of money to a refuge charity when I attempted a mile a day walk for a month she met my target by her single donation and I’ll always be thankful to her.  

Another goodbye was to my Uncle Roy who passed last Sunday.  His wife was able to be with him at the end as she is poorly too.  They would have celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary this year.  I lived with them for 7 years as a child and I felt really loved by them both.  Nice things sometimes come out such sadness and her estranged son of 10 years went to see her after Uncle Roy passed away.  Too late some might say but you know sometimes lateness is better than not at all and I know Uncle Roy would have been glad he went to see his mum.  Long story but it’s their story to tell.

On the crafting front 2 coats for Oscar made and he looks so smart but he hates wearing them but it’s been so cold.  Also finished 2 pairs of socks here is one pair. I’ve not knitted socks for ages and really enjoyed the mindfulness.

Getting along with my latest blanket in what I’m calling my mermaid tail colours.  It’s called Persian Tiles designed by Janie Crow this is my third blanket in this design but all in different colour ways. Sadly had to order more yarn so on hold at the moment.



Meanwhile in the book corner, I have just finished a brilliant book. I chose it for a quick light hearted chick-lit read which looking at the cover and reading a small synopsis I though it was.  I wanted something to cheer me up.  Oh Boy was I wrong.  It was one of the most sensitive books covering mental health especially in men, grief and much much more.  It was certainly an emotional read as well as an eye opener.  I would definitely recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love from my love

Thank you for popping in.   Todays quote is  We never know what is around the next corner but at the moment, thankfully, my road is very smo...