Sunday, April 11, 2021

Cobbling it together

 Happy Sunday

  • 10th April

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a Gift, which is why we call it the present. Bil Keane

  • 11th April

No guilt in life, no fear in death.  This is the power of Christ in me; From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny. Stuart Townend.  Extract taken from the song'in Christ Alone; by Stuart Townend.

Today marks yet another start of the week (end of another depending on your daily calender).  As we welcome Snow into the weekend with beautiful skys, dark skies and quite a bit of the white stuff (from the sky, not up my nose) My week ended yesterday as it started sitting in a hospital.  This time it was Bill having his kidney scan at the MRI.  God, how I hate that journey but St Christopher was definitely on my shoulder yesterday he guided me to tell Bill to go the wrong way which ended up the best way yet. No stress, no tears, just a feeling of sickness due to lack of sleep.  Tomorrow is my bone scan at RBH a long afternoon starting at 1pm going on until about 6pm.

What else have I done?

Well I have made a few shoes, not pairs, just odd shoes.  I have had the template for years and years but never tried it out.  I'm still practising but not bad for my first goes








Still not got the hang of posting pictures nicely yet but I will - eventually.


In a previous post I mentioned a book I had been reading by Ruth Hogan which I said I was struggling with, well I have finished it and I have to say that again I have to admit that I really enjoyed it.  As the story progressed the different people in the book all linked together and I have to say it was a lovely story.  Ruth has this knack of naming her characters so aptly and funny, e.g Justin Case the solicitor! I won't tell you  anymore or the humour they provide will be lost.  If you decide to read this book, persevere if you struggle at the beginning, it will be worth it in the end.




I am now reading my fourth book by Ruth Hogan, (she has only had 4 printed to date) and this looks to be just as promising as the others. A bit dark at the moment but I am only on about chapter 5





Bill's birthday present is finally framed and boxed so that's another worry off my mind. 

So I'll not get back to my tits (the feathered variety on the feeder) and chops (pork which I am offering up for tea).

See you later



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love from my love

Thank you for popping in.   Todays quote is  We never know what is around the next corner but at the moment, thankfully, my road is very smo...