Friday, April 9, 2021

Oh dear what can the matter be?

 Happy Friday

Firstly RIP Phillip Mountbatten. You were a loyal husband.

So many days to catch up on

  • 5th April

People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle.  But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth.  Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognise; a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the curious eyes of a child - our own two eyes.  All is a miracle.  THICH NHAT HANH.

  • 6th April

Great things never came from comfort zones.  NEIL STRAUSS

  • 7th April

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish ALBERT EINSTEIN

  • 8th April

Self-praise is for losers.  Be a winner.  STand for something.  Always have class and be humble.  JOHN MADDEN

  • 9th April

No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere; I see Heaven's glories shine, and Faith shines equal, arming me from Fear.  EMILY BRONTE 


What a palaver this week.  Easter Monday was nice, bloody cold but nice.  

Tuesday 6th April  the you know what started to hit the fan.  Firstly Bill's manager rang to say that now Shielding was finished (6 4 2021) they are always quick of the mark where payment of wages is concerned that they couldn't pay him anymore until he got a sicknote from his GP to say why his employers Occupational Health team won't let him go back to work - FFS - how would his GP know what his employers occupational health team are saying.  Anyway Bill duly rang the GP surgery explained what he was ringing for and - when they had stopped laughing - (good job it wasn't April Fools Day) they said that the doctors would not give out sicknotes for such a request and that the doctors where far to busy to deal with this.  However after a few questions about his hospital results (or not) coming through from MRI it was suggested that he ring on Friday morning and request a telephone appointment.

Then, I receive a letter from Breast Clinic to say that my "mass" was 12mm in size (is that big, small) and that my case was being referred to an MDT for discussion.  Its probably nothing but I did feel very sick on receipt of the letter.  I messaged my friend Janet straight away and she talked me down off the ceiling - again.

In the afternoon Sam called round for the children's Easter Eggs and although against the rules she got a hug.

So that was Tuesday done and dusted.

Wednesday I absolutely have no knowledge of this day what so ever - this is happening such a lot lately.

Thursday - I read all day, but not enjoying this book - its a bit like treading mud but I am persevering.  It is another by Ruth Hogan  but I will give you a further update when I've read it.  You never know there might be a surprise at the end, and Bill got a phonecall from MRI to go for an x-ray on Saturday morning at MRI so that will be another stressful drive.

Friday - Well what can I say, THANK YOU JANET, although I didn't know it was Janet.  Who was this woman at my door with a bunch of beautiful flowers for me?  She has lost so much weight and looks fantabulous darling and guess what, she got a hug, a kiss and a little tear from me.  What a wonderful wonderful way to round off this week. 

Bill also spoke to his GP who give him an 'unfit note' for 3 months so finances will be even tighter now but we will manage.

No artwork to share but hopefully next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love from my love

Thank you for popping in.   Todays quote is  We never know what is around the next corner but at the moment, thankfully, my road is very smo...