Wednesday, March 31, 2021

An unexpected Mass...

 Happy Late Tuesday, Early Wednesday

30th March

A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness.  It is an expression of humility.  It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love and well-being. James E. Faust


31st March

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.  Salvador Dali


The two statements above have really hit the nail on the head for me.  On Monday as you know I had an appointment at our local breast clinic because of a problem I was getting quite regularly with an abcess keep appearing so I was referred just to see if there was anything they could sort for me because it has been going on for quite a while.

I must say before I go any further that the NHS have got the running of the breast clinics down to a tee.  It is such a slick operation from the moment you enter to the moment you leave.

Anyway, firstly I spoke to a really lovely consultant he asked me questions and I answered and then he examined the relevant breast. I then had a mammogram where a comment was made my the radiographer about my last regular screening mammogram saying something had shown up but she didn't seem concerned so I never questioned it.  I was then told that I needed to have a ultra sound scan which I did and then this is when things started to go tits up (pardon the pun!) The Dr doing the scan kept asking me all sorts of questions about lumps and bumps on my breast and then announced that something had shown up on the mammogram and the scan was showing a Mass....... and that I needed to have a biopsy. This was done and then I had to wait to speak to a nurse who told me "not to worry" and said the biopsy results would take about a week and I would get called back in.

Then, Tuesday I had to see my consultant re my dicky knee who after examining it decided that a bone scan needed to be done.......... Apart from this everything is tickety-boo.

My latest read is


Maud Drennan - underpaid carer and unintentional psychic - is the latest in a long line of dogsbodies for the ancient, belligerent Cathal Flood. Yet despite her best efforts, Maud is drawn into the mysteries concealed in his filthy, once-grand home. She realises that something is changing: Cathal, and the junk-filled rooms, are opening up to her. With only her agoraphobic landlady and a troop of sarcastic ghostly saints to help, Maud must uncover what lies beneath Cathal's decades-old hostility, and the strange activities of the house itself. And if someone has hidden a secret there, how far will they go to ensure it remains buried? 

What a great read it is proving to be, and what a mixture of characters.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Love from my love

Thank you for popping in.   Todays quote is  We never know what is around the next corner but at the moment, thankfully, my road is very smo...