Saturday, March 20, 2021

Garden of the Lost and Found

 Happy Saturday

Well that was short shrift wasn't it.  Said I'd post every day and missed the 2nd day.  I have a chronic back problem and I just had so much pain yesterday I had to lie down and rest it, so I spent most of the day listening to my latest Audio book - The Garden of Lost and Found by Harriet Evans.  I have to say I don't know whether I like it or not.  Sounds daft I know but I will listen to the whole 9 hours and let you know my final verdict. It is about a famous artist who burns one of his paintings (The Garden of the Lost and Found) here is the best synopsis I could find. The blue type below is where I am current up to in the book, but it seemed to take a long time to get here.


Synopsis

Nightingale House, 1919. Liddy Horner discovers her husband, the world-famous artist Sir Edward Horner, burning his best-known painting The Garden of Lost and Found days before his sudden death.

Nightingale House was the Horner family’s beloved home – a gem of design created to inspire happiness – and it was here Ned painted The Garden of Lost and Found, capturing his children on a perfect day, playing in the rambling Eden he and Liddy made for them.

One magical moment. Before it all came tumbling down…

When Ned and Liddy’s great-granddaughter Juliet is sent the key to Nightingale House, she opens the door onto a forgotten world. The house holds its mysteries close but she is in search of answers. For who would choose to destroy what they love most? Whether Ned’s masterpiece – or, in Juliet’s case, her own children’s happiness.

Something shattered this corner of paradise. But what?

I have only recently started to listen to audio books as I have taught myself how to crochet during lockdown, a skill that I have wanted to learn for so long.  I have made a blanket for my beautiful Oscar the Miniature Schnauzer who is now 2 years old and he is my best friend and constant companion.


Oscar came into my life a just the right time.  He makes me smile and he makes me happy.  We have had dogs before (Westies) and each time something has happened to break my heart as we have lost one over the Rainbow Bridge and 2 had to be fostered out to new homes due to my husband being diagnosed with the "C". So when I had to finish work due to ill health I wanted a friend to keep me company and something to get up for who needed me. He is very very special and he has this uncanny way of knowing when the dark clouds are coming over and works heard to make me happy.

Bye for today and come back tomorrow.

🍄 Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love from my love

Thank you for popping in.   Todays quote is  We never know what is around the next corner but at the moment, thankfully, my road is very smo...